Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Library News From Author Gail Martin


I'm amazed how many people I speak to who want to write books. Did you realize an estimated 80 percent of all Christian fiction readers are women? When I write fiction, I write to testify--through real, gritty, contemporary suspense stories--what Christ can do in the lives of ordinary people...how he can TRANSFORM the darkest heart. I don't necessarily write for women (maybe I should...then my books would sell more). But, as a Christian suspense novelist, I have to write what God prompts me to write.

All that said, I want to tell you about a new book, coming out at the end of December 2007, by fellow author and friend, Gail Martin. In this new book, Writing The Christian Romance, Gail provides a comprehensive how-to guide that emphasizes the differences between Christian and secular romance. While the book focuses on Christian romance, it provides excellent information for writing any Christian fiction genre and includes chapters on: creating believable characters, emotions and the sense, sexuality, spirituality, point of view, dialogue, introspection, plotting and pacing. The final chapter focuses on selling the Christian romance novel with information about Christian writers conferences, contest, finding an agent and learning how to prepare a book proposal for submission.

You can order the book from amazon.com and find out more details here.

No comments: