Wednesday, July 11, 2007

ChiLibris/ICRS...A Blast!

Last Thurs. night through Saturday I spend with some of our industry's most talented authors at the Hyatt Regency hotel in Atlanta. It was my first ChiLibris retreat. ChiLibris is a group of published Christian novelists who seek to glorify God and encourage one another. What a blast it was. I got to hang out and talk shop with Terri Blackstock, Brandilyn Collins, Liz Curtis Higgs, Loraine Snelling, Mark Mynheir, Brad Whitington, Harry Krauss, Bob Elmer, Kristin Billerbeck, Rene Gutteridge, Rachel Hauck, Deb Raney, Angie Hunt, Nancy Moser, Susan Meissner, Elizabeth Musser, Wanda Dyson, Dave Lambert, Robert Whitlow and his wife, Amy Wallace, Steph Whitson, Rachel Hauck, Mel and Cheryl Hodde (pen name Hannah Alexander), Tamera Alexander, Colleen Coble, Randy Alcorn, Randy Singer...the list goes on forever.

Everyone was so welcoming, friendly, and even outgoing. To share three days with fellow novelists who understand the dry times, the doubts, fears, dreams, victories, and challenges...well, it was just totally uplifting to me. I plan to attend next year in Orlando. My only writers getaway.

The International Christian Retail Show (ICRS) at Atlanta's World Congress Center was good, too. I did a signing at the WaterBrook Multnomah booth along with Robin Jones Gunn, Randy Singer, and my friend Cindy Woodsmall. We had long lines of people from Nigeria to the . and I also spoke and signed books at a Logos dinner....the Logos people are fantastic.

I have pictures and will post on my web site when time permits.

Until next time, blessings.

Creston

5 comments:

Tamera Alexander said...

Hey Creston,
Wonderful to meet you this past weekend, and I'm seconding everything you said about the retreat. What a time of renewal and to refocus on why we write. This is a definite on my calendar every year too.
Tamera

Creston Mapes said...

Tamera, It was awesome spending time with you and hearing about your writing journey. Keep in touch and keep writing! Creston

C.J. Darlington said...

Looking forward to seeing those pictures. The ChiLibris group sounds like an incredible one. I look forward to someday (hopefully!) being a part of it. :)

Creston Mapes said...

CJ, Why don't you post a link or something where visitors can get a look at your writing? Thanks for stopping by! Creston

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.