Friday, June 27, 2008

Sugarland, Abilene, Minneapolis...

Finally a second to write.

I've been traveling a lot lately on business, to Abilene, Texas, and Minneapolis, Minnesota. All I can say about Abilene is you must eat at Harold's Barbecue, Sharon's Barbecue, and visit Abilene Christian University. ACU has a marvelous sculpture done by Professor John Maxwell called Jacob's Dream. The thing is a true work of art. It is a combination of limestone and metal, and shows angels ascending and descending on a floating ladder that goes straight up toward heaven. You can watch a touching video about the project at acu.edu...do some digging, you'll find it. ACU is a great school, great people, a lot of good things happening there.

Now on to North Central University in Minneapolis...another fantastic college with some sharp people. Had a wonderful visit. Right in the heart of Minneapolis. And man, once winter is over, these people come out! People walking and biking all over the city. Sidewalk cafes. Music in the open air plazas. The city was green, clean and breezy. Just a great town. I highly recommend Britt's for fish n chips and the coffee chip ice cream at the Ben & Jerry's kiosk at Peavey Plaza.

I packed up my iPod with tunes for the trips and man, I've fallen in love with Sugarland. Each song is a story. And the vocals of Jennifer Nettles (sp?) are emotionally charged. I have both their CDs and will be first in line when the new one comes out next month. I'm waiting for them to come to Atlanta so I can see them in concert. Jennifer/Christian, if you're reading this, I'd love to send you my novels. Email me and we'll get them off to you!

Orlando and NYC are next on the travel itinerary. Until next time, peace.

Creston

No comments: