Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Challenge for All of Us


I just finished reading a remarkable book: The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence (Nicholas Herman). It is about developing close companionship with Christ. About living in his presence 24/7. I can't do it. I'm not there. But Brother Lawrence's book is so challenging. It's about conversing with the Lord all day long. "Praying continually," as Christ encouraged us. Not out of some rote, mechanical, legalistic desire, but simply out of love for God, because of what he's done for us. I've underlined a bunch of powerful lines in my copy and am referring to it throughout the day. If your "walk" is a little dry or you feel like you're in a spiritual rut. You may want to check out this tiny but powerful read. CM

No comments: