Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Have Dream, Will Travel

Have you ever felt a calling to go to a certain part of the country or world that you've never been to before? In my freelance writing work, I've been fortunate to travel to many of our nation's finest cities. Years ago, I was even able to make a trip to Europe. However, one area I've never been fortunate enough to get to is the Pacific Northwest. There is something about the cities of Portland and Seattle and that whole area out there that just totally intrigues me. I'm hoping one of my clients will find some work out there and I'll get to go soon. I even got an Airtran special in the mail showing a roundtrip ticket to Portland for $200...not bad.

For those of you who've been to the Pacific Northwest, tell us more about it! And for others of you who have a dream or calling or feel a serious "pull" to go somewhere other than where you live, tell us about that. Until next time, blessings. Creston

3 comments:

C.J. Darlington said...

I would like to visit the Pacific Northwest, too! Those are some of the few states I haven't visited.

Valerie Comer said...

Interesting reading this just after coming back from my round trip from Creston (BC :P) to Victoria to Astoria, Washington, back and forth across the Columbia River eastward, to Yellowstone, and back home. Crazy trip in 11 days. 'Tis beautiful, to be sure. But I didn't see whales this time :(

Creston Mapes said...

Valerie...now THAT sounds like my kind of trip, and Creston sounds like my kind of town! Peace! CM