Monday, June 4, 2007

CAVS!

Ever since I grew up in northeast Ohio, in the Bath/Akron/Cleveland area, I have been a Cleveland sports fans. I would go to bed on hot summer nights with a transistor radio under my pillow, listening to Indians games. We would weather sub-zero temperatures to cheer on the Browns at the old Cleveland stadium on Lake Erie. Yes, I was at the Ice Bowl in 1980, I believe, when Brian Sipe's pass was knocked away or intercepted in the end-zone to dash our hopes one more time. And, yes, I attended many a Cavs' game at the old Richfield Coliseum (the same venue where I graduated from high school).

And finally our day has come! The Cavs make it to the NBA finals vs. the San Antonio Spurs! The whole city is ecstatic and it's times like these that I wish I was "back home" to cheer on the LeBron, Boobie, and the hometown boys. Oh well, TV will have to do. The tip-off for game one is June 7 at 9 p.m. (EST)....don't miss it! CM

7 comments:

Illuminating Fiction said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Illuminating Fiction said...

It'll be playing on our TV, you can be sure of it. Master Fifteen is a major basketball fan, and player. He is currently in four teams this season, one of them the Regional Under 17 Representative team, for which he was away over the weekend playing a tournament. Last night he asked me to look up the NBA results and when the finals start. He'll be glued to the TV, me thinks.

Our house seems to be full of impossible dreams. Master Fifteen wants to play for the NBA and I want to write for CBA. Two little internationals with American dreams. :-)

Cheryl said...

Hey, I didn't realize you were a Buckeye! The Cavs game will be on at our house; youngest son is a sports nut. He was at an Indians game last week.

Cheryl said...

And I forgot to mention the old Richfield Coliseum--I attended a few concerts there, back in the day.

Go Cavs!

Creston Mapes said...

Vennessa, you and your son KEEP DREAMING BIG! Cheryl, I can't believe you did concerts at the Richfield Coliseum! We saw everyone there, from Michael Stanley and KISS to Queen, Rush, REO Speedwagon, and many more. Are you familiar with the Michael Stanley Band? They had to be the most underrated group in the nation. Midwest Midnight...Take care! Creston

Cheryl said...

MSB! Yes I am, and yea, I agree with the underrated part. :-)

Creston Mapes said...

Okay, so the Cavs are down 2-0 in games against the Spurs. And, okay, so the Spurs have an incredible defense AND offense. All that said, tonight's game is at the Q. We're talking CLEVELAND, OHIO. One thing I can tell you for sure, that place is going to be rocking tonight. Hope you'll be watching my Cavs!