Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Eric Wilson In Town


Friend and novelist Eric Wilson was in Atlanta recently, recording some segments on Deeper Living TV. Eric and I had talked on the phone and communicated a good bit, but had never met in person until this meeting. What a great guy this dude is. I think you'll really enjoy his books. Here's a word from Eric that I pulled from his CCM profile:

"My goal is to give you great stories that'll allow you to explore questions in imaginative ways, leading to the One I believe is the Answer: Jesus. Life's messy, though, and so my characters often face messy pasts and situations. Hmmm. Sounds familiar.

Hope you get a chance to read one of my books and let me know what you think.

Books: Dark to Mortal Eyes ('04), Expiration Date ('05), The Best of Evil (06'), A Shred of Truth ('07), and Facing the Giants--novelization (Sept '07). Look for my upcoming Jerusalem's Undead Trilogy, kicking off in Fall 2008."

Eric met with the makers of the Facing the Giants movie (two million sold) here in Georgia and the creators of that screenplay were extremely happy with the way he put their script into novel form. That novel hits shelves Sept. 4, I believe, and I encourage you to get a copy for all those student athletes you know, as well as any teens and big readers in your family.

I can attest to his latest novel, A Shred of Truth, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The upcoming thriller series with Thomas Nelson (Jerusalemn's Undead Trilogy) is going to be the bomb and, he says, his most spiritual work yet. He even went to Israel to research this series. Talking with Eric at length, hearing his heart, hearing what he reads, and hearing what he's been through on this writing journey, I just have a feeling he is going to do great things for Christ's kingdom...because he is a vessel that's ready and willing to be used.

Gotta run. If you've read Eric's work, share with others about what you've found.

Blessings, cm

2 comments:

Illuminating Fiction said...

Oh, to be a fly on the wall when you and Eric were together. Two of my fav authors in one room. *sigh*

I agree. Shred of Truth was fantastic. I've enjoyed all of Eric's books and encourage everyone to pick one up today and start reading.

Creston Mapes said...

Vennessa,
Indeed, the conversation was highly confidential! Great hearing from you! Keep in touch, Cres